Pizza Dough - Italian 00
So I make a lot of pizza and this is my go to dough recipe. I got it on Root Kitchen and you can find the original post here.
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp instant yeast
2 tsp salt (I use kosher salt)
- Place the water in the work bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment in place. I add the yeast and the salt and give it a swirl. Then I add the flour.
- Mix at low speed until the dough has come together before increasing the speed to 2. Knead for 5 mins in the mixer and then do by hand for another 5-10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, gradually add more flour to work surface. When kneading, I use the traditional method, but I also use the slap and roll method every 2 minutes or so. To do this you pick up the dough and slap it down. Then, with one hand holding the dough near you, you roll with your other hand the dough out to stretch it. Then roll it back and go back to kneading the dough regularly.
- Once the dough is finished kneading, toss with oil in the bowl, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Leave the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- At least an hour before baking, ideally at least two hours before, remove the dough from the refrigerator. Turn the dough out onto a floured counter and cutting board and divide into three equal portions with a bench scraper.
Shape each into a ball and cover with a lightly damp tea towel for an hour before shaping.
- Shape dough into a disk and top as desired.
*** Recipe says over night, and that produces the best results, however, you can do this with just about 3 hours or so till bake time and still have a great pizza!