I love this recipe... My friends
- 2 tsp. Sesame seeds
lb. sushi-grade tuna fillet
- 3/4 tsp. Peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Soy sauce, preferably reduced sodium
- 2 1/4 tsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chile, finely minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 8 pieces fresh chives, each about 1 1/2 inches long
In a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring often, until fragrant and beginning to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Pour onto a small plate to cool.
Using a very sharp knife, trim away any sinew or skin from the tuna fillet. Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl. Add the ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, jalapeño and sesame oil and stir gently to combine.
To serve, divide the tuna among individual bowls or plates and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top, dividing evenly. Top with the chives and serve. Serves 4.