Best GF Corn Bread! Seriously this is a must try!
This recipe comes from My Gluten Free Kitchen Blog. It seriously is one of the best corn breads I have ever had. Give it a try.
- 2 cups buttermilk (If you don't have buttermilk on hand, I recommend using Saco Cultured Buttermilk powder, following the substitution directions on the package.)
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar (I have also tried brown sugar and it turns out wonderfully)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (I use gfJules)
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if flour blend already has xanthan in it)
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a glass measuring cup, measure buttermilk then add baking soda, mix together and let sit.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add sugar and use a spatula or wooden spoon, to mix into butter. Add eggs. Add buttermilk/baking soda to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, xanthan and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir. Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with crumbs only and top of cornbread doesn't sink in if pressed with fingertip.