Cookie Dough Dip... GF and Great!
This recipe is one of my family's favs. It is a good one as it is full favor and healthy for you. Makes a great little snack at night or mid-day on the weekend. Cause of the protein in the chickpeas it really fills you up fast.
- 2 cans (14oz), drained and rinsed very well Chick Peas
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- just over 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract (I really like Trader Joes Burbon vanila)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (If you use peanut butter, it will have a slight pb cookie dough taste. My family really likes almond butter or cashew butter.
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup. I use Trader Joes Grade B for great flavor.
- 2 handfuls of chocolate chips. Really this is to taste.
- 4 to 6 tbsp oats (Ground flax will also work)
Place all but last two ingredients (chocolate chips and ground flax or oats) in a food processor. Blend till smooth, about 45 seconds to a 1 minute. Then transfer to a mixing bowl and add in chocolate chips and optional ingredients.