QUICK & EASY DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
I found this recipe online on, the healthy foodie, when my wife and I were trying to go Paleo for two weeks. It was super fun and we loved the diet and the recipes. I hope that this is the first of many I post here. My wife and I are no longer on the Paleo diet but we will incorporate a lot of what we learned on the diet.
Enjoy this fabulous mousse recipe.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup date paste or 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp unpasteurized honey
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp Ancho Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Process avocado, date paste (or pitted medjool dates), honey and coconut milk in a small food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add cacao powder,instant coffee, ancho chile powder, salt and vanilla and resume processing until well incorporated. You might have to scrape the sides once or twice to get all the powder to mix in nicely.
- Transfer this mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk on high for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. You could also do this with a hand mixer if you don't have a stand mixer.
- Divide the chocolate mousse between 4 to 6 indidual dessert bowls, dust lightly with cacao powder or ancho chile powder and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Note that this mousse can also be served immediately, but its texture greatly benefits from it sitting in the fridge for at least a few hours.