These are flippin ridiculous! Enjoy! It is a very simple recipe and one my family has really come to love. This base recipe is great but think of other things you could add. Goes great with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or rasins. They are both crisp and chewy. Delicious! Ingredients:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 & 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
1. preheat oven to 350 with racks in upper and lower thirds.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl (Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer) beat butter and sugars on high until pale and fluffy, 3 minutes.
4. Beat in maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
5. With mixer on low, beat in oat mixture in 2 additions until just combined.
6. Drop dough in rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, onto parchment paper on baking sheets.
7. Bake until edges are golden, about 11 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool on sheets until set, about 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
8. Store in airtight container up to a week.