Ingredients for crepes:
- 15g butter, melted ( a little more than a TBLS)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 cup Nutella
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Strawberries, halved
How to make crepes:
- In a bowl, mix flour and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and pour milk mixture into it.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan ans swirl to coat the base.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden and lacy.
- Then turn over and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden.
How to make a topping:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake them for about 6 minutes.
- Then place them into a clean towel and tub until they lose skins.
- Then chop hazelnuts.
- Mix spreadable cream cheese with strawberry jam.
- Use Nutella to spread over half of the crepes.
- Then scatter it with hazelnuts.
- The rest of crepes spread with strawberry cream and put a hazelnut crepe on a plate.
- Top them with strawberry layer and refrigerate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate in a saucepan.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the crepe stack.