Fresh Pasta recipe 1
I am going to find my favorite recipe so that is why it is called 1. So far this one has been my fave. It comes from a blog called gourmettraveller88. It was called homemade pasta for two.
- 1 cup plain flour (Tipo 00)
- 1 large egg
- half egg shell extra virgin olive oil
- half egg shell water
- Clamp the pasta machine to your work table.
- On a clean work surface or a big bowl, place the flour on/ in it. Make a well and add the egg, olive oil and water into the well. Using a fork, gradually draw the flour into the well until all flour is incorporated into the egg mixture and get a lumpy dough.
- Dust your hand with some flour and knead the dough for 5-10 mins until you get a smooth dough. This step requires most energy and I found this is a very good stress relief therapy, if you have had a hard time lately.
- Once you get a smooth dough, you wrap with cling film and let it rest in fridge for at least 30 mins. This step is essential so to let the dough to develop the gluten to make it easier to roll later.
- Take the dough out from the fridge. dust the work surface and rolling pin with a little flour to avoid sticking. Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces for easier handling. Flatten the first half of the dough briefly with your hand and then roll into a thinner piece with the rolling pin.
- Turn the dial of the pasta machine to the thickest setting, roll the dough through. Fold the rolled dough into half and pass it through again for 4-5 times. Then turn to the next thinner setting and so on until you get a thin sheet of pasta.
- You can now pass the pasta sheet to the attached pasta cutter to get your desired pasta.
- Boil a big pan of water, add some salt in the pan and cook the pasta for 90 second. Don’t overcook!!!
- Drain the pasta, serve immediately with your favorite pasta sauce.
- I simply drizzled some truffle oil, sprinkle a few spoonful of freshly Parmesan cheese, a little ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper, sprinkle some dried parsley for garnish. Toss and serve immediately. Yum, it was a very satisfying meal.
- I have a portion left and I dried them by hanging using a chopstick. It took longer to cook these dried pasta but they taste as good. I think from now on I will buy less commercial pasta. Like pizza dough I will knead some dough and keep in freezer so I can have fresh pasta in no time.