Pasta with Broccoli and Peanuts
Prep Time 35 min
Total time 35 min
1/2 lb. Whole wheat pasta - Fusilli
2 heads (2 lbs. Broccoli
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced crosswise (1 cup)
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, and rinse under cold water. set aside.
2. Meanwhile, trim 1 inch from the stem of end of the broccoli stalks. Using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, peel outer layer of stalks; thinly slice crosswise. Separate florets into bite size pieces.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium. Add pepper flakes, broccoli, and 3/4 cup water; cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 min. uncover and cook until liquid has mostly evaporated and broccoli is tender, 2 to 4 min.
4. In a large bowl whisk together remaining 2 table spoons oil, vinegar, peanut butter and soy sauce until smooth. Add cooled pasta broccoli, scallions , and peanuts; toss to combine
*** Put chopped Peanuts on top as a garnish
*** Alternative peanut sauce ***
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp. Sugar
1/3 cup water
Sprinkle of Cayenne to Taste
1. Place the ingredients in a bowl, stir well, and
microwave for 30 seconds,
or over medium heat in a small pan on the stove top.
2. Pour over chicken, noodles, or your other favorite dish.